Besides

My Poetry B-sides

Thursday, November 16, 2006

May Memoir

During a live radio
broadcast of the
Mother's Day concert
featuring songwriters from
Memphis and Nashville,
I looked around our table
for eight, taking
mental snapshots
of the faces
of the ones
I love, the friends
who make me smile.

Josh, the well-spoken
brains and brawn behind
brilliant tech art; my
sister, Lindsay, who is
much more than a sister --
my closest friend
and part of my heart;
Aimee, a sweet spirit
who sees the world
through the eyes of
creativity and warms
a room with the sparkle
in those eyes; her roommate
Joanne, a delicate one
who enjoys life's little
things and stirs me to
celebrate the ways of
womanhood; Matt, a man
who inspires me with
his songs, zest for life
and wide-eyed wonder-
ment; dear Danielle,
a strong and beautiful soul
who sings with the voice
of an angel and speaks
with the voice of reason;
and James, a gentle man
who knows how to treat
a woman like a lady.

I want to remember this
night. All I must do is
pull out the pictures I've
stored in my mind's eye,
the photos tucked away
in my heart.

© 2006 Amy E. Hall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home